There’s Never a Shortage of Cute Couple Captions.
Whether you’re crafting the perfect caption on Instagram or need to post something meaningful to bae on Facebook, there’s no shortage of good quotes to convey how you’re feeling. The thing is: lots of these silly couple captions or quotes or one-liners have been used over and over again. Don’t get us wrong – some of the classics like “Forget the butterflies, I feel the whole zoo when I am with you” is admittedly pretty damn cute. But we wanted to dive a little deeper to find some truly unique but cute captions for couples pictures. Considering we did meet on Instagram and dated across the world, we like to think we know how to convey your feelings using photo captions!
We could write a whole post on funny captions for selfies but today we’re focusing on couples. It’s also important to remember that this post is for all social media. So, if you’re looking for cute captions for pictures with your boyfriend or girlfriend – this is the place to be. There are even a few that you could consider funny captions for couple pictures on Instagram. Ready to get posting?
Couple Quotes from Books
There are so many books out there that it can be difficult to find and remember the ones that speak to you and your relationship. Below, we’ve compiled a few of the best ones that we’ve read or could find to make your job easier. Be sure to check out the titles if any of the words speak to you!
- “All stories begin with ‘Once upon a time’. And that’s just what this story is all about: what happened, once upon a time”. – Ernst H. Gombrich, A Little History of the World
- “What would you do if I kissed you right now?” I stared at his beautiful face and his beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it. “I would kiss you back.” – Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
- “Watching them, she realized they made so much sense together. Every look, every touch, was a reassurance, almost electric, as if they were shocking each other with every contact.” – Sarah Addison Allen, The Peach Keeper
- “The late-afternoon light was thick and orange and she passed four different couples taking photos of themselves on the same cobblestoned block, all their loves endlessly recorded and reviewed, ever and ever, a little archive of two.” – Catherine Lacey, The Answers
- “I just never noticed how little of me existed before. I was a shadow without a person.” – Michael J. Sullivan, The Death of Dulgath
- “We turned out to be good for each other. For a stitch of time all the hard questions went away and hid in dark places.” – Lawrence Block, The Sins of the Fathers
- “You want to take me to a movie?” I asked. “Well, not really,” he said. “What I really want is for you to be my girlfriend. But I thought saying that might scare you off.” – Sarah Dessen, What Happened to Goodbye
Couple Quotes from Poems or Other Sources
Inspiration comes from so many places. So, before we dive into our favourite couple movie quotes in the section below, we wanted to highlight a few other sources for great captions. There are so many beautiful poems out there where you can draw inspiration from. Here are just a sample for you to check out!
- “Do you want to leave soon? No, I want enough time to be in love with everything… And I cry because everything is so beautiful and so short. – Marina Keegan, Bygones
- “Love is a good thing on a bad day, when the last thing you want is to be cheered up.” – Chad Sugg, Waking Up In Black And White
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures…” – PostSecret.com (and not Lewis Carroll, as much of the internet wants to believe. This might come as a shock to some but the truth is that the original quote from a PostSecret submission was shared to Tumblr with a photo from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and the two ideas were welded together until this day).
- “Like two stars in the depths of the sky, This gravity is just irresistible, We spin around each other, you and I, When I fell for you, I fell into your orbit.”- Justin Wetch, Bending The Universe
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable” – Bruce Lee
Couple Quotes from Movies
Movies have a way of conveying feelings that are undeniably special. To see the scenes play out in front of you can add a certain magic to the lines. We draw a connection to these scenes – and their lines. There are quite a few older movies on here so if you haven’t seen some of these we highly recommend checking them out!
- “That’s the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid. Ever.” – American Beauty, 1999
- “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” – Good Will Hunting, 1997
- “It seems right now that all I’ve ever done in my life is making my way here to you.” – Bridges of Madison County, 1995
- “Listen to me, mister. You’re my knight in shining armor. Don’t you forget it. You’re going to get back on that horse, and I’m going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we’re gonna go, go, go!” – On Golden Pond, 1981
- “If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.” – A Knight’s Tale, 2001
- “Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with?” – Meet Joe Black, 1998
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – The Notebook, 2004. You can’t make a list without including something about The Notebook.
- “He is the cheese to my macaroni”. – Juno, 2007
- “After all… I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill, 2007
- “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together … and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home. .. only to no home I’d ever known … I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like … magic.” – Sleepless In Seattle, 1993
- “You said you couldn’t be with someone who didn’t believe in you. Well I believed in you. I just didn’t believe in me. I love you.” – Pretty In Pink, 1986
And there you have it – some of the best cute couple captions we know of. Hopefully some of these make it into your next posts! What do you think? Any of these usable, or did we miss the mark? Let us know in the comments below – we’ll swap notes!
As always, Happy Waddlin’,