Penguins Get Flattered When They Receive Nominations.
Well, that escalated quickly. There we were typing away on Penguin and Pia when all of a sudden Twitter started exploding with activity.
Wouldn’t you know it – we’d been nominated for the Liebster Award 2018! Huge shout out to Neha at Nomadic Dreamz for the nomination – way to make us feel special!
If you’re unfamiliar with the award, here’s a little background on it. The Liebster Award is an award that exists entirely online. Originally started in 2011, it’s a nice way to recognize and support up and coming blogs and grow your audience/connections.
The best part is that bloggers get to share more about themselves – things that are usually not mentioned on the “About Page”.
Rules for the Liebster Award 2018:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you. Link back to their blog (make it a dofollow link, not a nofollow).
- Pay it forward by nominating in turn 5-10 new bloggers that you appreciate. Of course, leave a message or comment for them to know they’ve been nominated!
- Answer the questions given to you and write some of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Link your Liebster Award 2018 post to the original by the Global Aussie, and leave your blog post link in the comments section of her same post.
Get to Know “Penguin and Pia”
As promised, here are our replies to the questions that Neha asked:
1. If a new Superhero were to be created with you as inspiration, what would he/she be called and what would his/her superpower be?
The Superhero would be called “Super Penguin” and its superpower would be the ability to walk on glare ice without slipping or falling over.
2. What made you start blogging, and what kept you going?
Part of the reason we started blogging was because we had an abundance of travel knowledge and no good place to put it. Friends would ask us for recommendations to city X and we’d have to retype our advice over and over.
We motivate each other to keep on blogging. We each bring a unique skill set that makes our “blogging team” possible and we’ve seen such positive result in such a short amount of time.
3. If you could get a wish today, what would you ask for?
We’d ask that the age of our domain be increased by like 2 years. We’re not even kidding.
4. Imagine your Twitter account as a person. Now, describe him/her using one sentence.
There’s always one person at the party who is ready to organize/play a game – we are that person.
5. If you weren’t a blogger, what would you be?
I mean, technically we don’t really consider ourselves “bloggers”. Lisa is heading back to school for Marketing and Eric works as a content creator for various companies. That said, Lisa would probably be a digital marketing intern somewhere around the world, while Eric would most likely be working in Health Policy.
6. Describe yourself using only words that start with the first letter of your name!
Since we’re Lisa and Eric – let’s go with Lovely and Energetic.
Our Nominations for 2018!
Below you’ll find a list of the bloggers we’d like to nominate for the Liebster Award 2018.
Mari at Lipstick and Fashion
Nika from And She Explores
Archana and Kanchana at Twinspiraitonal
Bianca at Bianca Gabriela
Makenzie at Just My Unscripted Life
Steven and Jazmin at Travel To Blank
Our questions for you all to answer are:
1 Fork, knife, or spoon? Choose, and why?
2. What’s the one piece of blogging advice you wish you would have known when you were just starting out?
3. You are not allowed to walk anywhere anymore – all walking must be replaced with one style of dance. What style do you choose?
4. You’ve been given $1,000 Canadian Dollars. Exchange it into your currency. How would you spend it? Sorry if the exchange rate hurts you!
5. You are being marooned on a tropical island. Forever. You can only bring one animal. What do you bring?
6. What do you think are the most common road blocks that stop people from achieving their dreams?
We hope that you enjoy the questions we’ve asked of you!
Hope you enjoy answering these questions as much as we enjoyed thinking them up. We will look forward to reading your posts in turn. Don’t forget to comment here to let us know when your own post goes live!
As always, Happy Waddlin’,