Wondering Where To Stay In Ottawa, Canada? Here Are Our Tips!
Are you considering a trip to Ottawa? That’s a great idea because Canada’s capital city is full of things to do and see! However, figuring out the best area to stay in Ottawa for sightseeing can be a challenge!
With so many great places to stay – from the popular ByWard Blue Inn to the charming Alt Hotel downtown and famous Chateau Laurier – it’s no wonder that choosing a hotel, suite, inn, or bed and breakfast is a daunting task!
Luckily, you’ve got us here to help! We’ve explored Ottawa numerous times – in summer and winter – and scouted out hotels and areas in the city that you should check out.
So, our guide walks you through the Ottawa accommodations by style – and then tells you about the best areas to stay in Ottawa for nightlife, tourist attractions, and more!
Let’s find you an Ottawa accommodation whether you’re travelling as a couple, a group of friends, or as a family with kids!
Accommodations By Type
Ottawa isn’t as big of a city as Toronto – but Canada’s capital has lots of different accommodations by style and type. From hotels to bed and breakfasts, aparthotels and hostels, there is an accommodation type for every kind of Ottawa visitor.
That said, you’ll find that some accommodation types are grouped a little bit by area. Hotels are primarily downtown, bed and breakfasts are in the residential neighbourhood called The Glebe, etc. There are, of course, outliers to this rule and we’ll get to areas to stay in later.
This top section is all about accommodation types. So, if you are looking for a specific accommodation type – hotel, aparthotel, etc. – let’s jump into the different accommodation types in Ottawa.
This way, you can quickly find the type of accommodation you want if you aren’t too picky about the area.
Hotels in Ottawa, Canada
It is no surprise that – as the nation’s capital – Ottawa is a very touristy city as well as a very business/diplomatic-focused city.
Ottawa has many embassies and government offices – and is generally a hotel-heavy city.
That said, the hotel landscape means visitors who want to see the top sights are well taken care of.
⇒ Check Here For Hotels In Ottawa
There are loads of hotels in Ottawa and many are concentrated in and around the downtown core. There are also hotels scattered throughout the city in other areas that vary by style, budget, and amenities.
If you are looking for some of the more popular hotels in Ottawa that are a good mix of value for money, location, and amenities, check out some of the top hotels in Ottawa:
Popular Ottawa Hotels
- ByWard Blue Inn – A simple, functional hotel with terraces steps from the heart of Byward Market
- The Business Inn – A popular suite-style hotel with pub close to the heart of Centretown
- Andaz Ottawa Byward Market – A trendy hotel with rooftop terrace views in Byward Market
- Novotel Ottawa City Centre Hotel – A boutique hotel with cool bar just a short walk to downtown
- Holiday Inn Express – Ottawa Downtown East – A clean and simple hotel in Lower Town (close to Byward)
If you’re still not convinced by those top choices, you can keep on reading to discover more hotel options sorted by budget and/or style.
Budget/Cheap Hotels in Ottawa
There are a handful of cheaper hotels in Ottawa – and you can stay pretty central. Many budget hotels are on the outskirts of the city and if you have a car or plan on using public transport, you can stay at these hotel options.
As for the “cheap” hotels mentioned below, there is nothing bad about them – you can just expect fewer amenities than the top hotels. So, if you need a budget place to stay for a few days, consider these hotels in great areas!
- The Business Inn – A popular suite-style hotel above a popular pub close to the heart of Centretown (Our Pick)
- Days Inn by Wyndham Ottawa – A budget hotel located just outside the very popular ByWard Market area!
- Holiday Inn Express – Ottawa Downtown East – A clean, simple hotel in Lower Town (close to Byward)
- Cartier Place Suite Hotel – A simple hotel with indoor pool, full kitchenettes, and a quick walk downtown
Boutique Hotels in Ottawa
Even though Ottawa is kind of a business city, there is a handful of hotels with a unique boutique style!
These hotels are in the more central areas downtown or in ByWard Market. We walked by some of them while we wandered around and many were close to the Parliament, the Market, and more!
- The Metcalfe Hotel – A stunning boutique-style hotel with an indoor pool right downtown (Our Pick)
- Arc The Hotel – A clean and simple downtown hotel with a lounge and restaurant
- Swiss Hotel – A bright hotel with buffet breakfast and terrace close to ByWard Market
Luxury Hotels in Ottawa
As a hub for travellers from all over the world, Ottawa is no stranger to high-class and luxury experiences. As a result, there are a handful of hotels in the downtown area that are considered to be luxury!
Below are a handful of the loveliest luxury hotels in Ottawa – complete with excellent services and top amenities:
- Andaz Ottawa Byward Market – A stunning upscale hotel with a rooftop bar overlooking central Ottawa (Our Pick)
- Fairmont Château Laurier – A historic and charming hotel on the Rideau Canal with high tea and more
- Le Germain Hotel Ottawa – A modern, stylish hotel with comfortable beds in a great central area
Bed and Breakfasts in Ottawa, Canada
There are a few quiet areas and neighbourhoods surrounding the busy Ottawa downtown core.
As such, you can find a bunch of bed and breakfasts or inn-style accommodations scattered around the city centre. So if you want a homey stay in a historic house or traditional home, you’ll have options in Ottawa!
Generally speaking, these bed and breakfasts are in quieter, more residential, green areas.
However, you can find some close to ByWard Market – so you don’t have to sacrifice a great location for a B&B stay! You can check here for bed and breakfasts in Ottawa.
Some of the B&Bs are in The Glebe – but we will get to that area of Ottawa in the “areas section” down below. Since there are a few to choose from, we’ve included a handful to get you started:
- Auberge des Arts Bed and Breakfast – A popular and rustic B&B located just north of ByWard Market (Our Pick)
- Auberge King Edward Bed and Breakfast – A historic B&B just south of ByWard Market with great breakfast
- Glencree House B&B – A bright and cozy home with parking close to the lovely, quiet area close to the Canal
- Angela’s Bed and Breakfast Ottawa – A tranquil and spacious B&B in the heart of The Glebe
Aparthotels and Suite-style Hotels in Ottawa
Because Ottawa attracts a lot of families travelling with kids and international travellers staying for longer than a few days on business, apartment-style (or suite-style) hotels are very popular.
These hotels provide guests with an apartment – often with full kitchens and living rooms – to make a “home away from home”. They usually also have a reception and restaurant for breakfast – which is a nice bonus!
⇒ Check here for aparthotels in Ottawa
If this style of accommodation suits you, check out some of the top suite-style hotels in Ottawa. These are all downtown or close by:
- The Business Inn – A popular hotel on top of a popular pub (MacLaren’s) steps from downtown (Our Pick)
- Les Suites Hotel – A functional aparthotel with breakfast just steps from the heart of ByWard Market + the Canal
- Ottawa Embassy Hotel & Suites – A trendy, cozy aparthotel with kitchenettes in Centretown close to everything
- Cartier Place Suite Hotel – A simple hotel with indoor pool, full kitchen/ettes, and a quick walk downtown
- SOHO Residences Lisgar – Upscale apartments on Lisgar Street (central location) with an outdoor pool
Hostels in Ottawa
Although Ottawa is the nation’s capital, it’s not really a backpacker-friendly city. It’s certainly welcoming – but it’s more used to business travellers. That said, there is a small handful of nice hostels to choose from if you’re looking for hostels in Ottawa.
You can check here for hostels in Ottawa. Alternatively, have a look below at the available hostels in the city. One offers very unique accommodation in Ottawa!
- HI Ottawa Jail Hostel – A trendy, lively hostel in an old renovated historic prison! (Our Pick)
- Barefoot Hostel – A cozy, cool hostel with outdoor terrace close to ByWard Market
- Ottawa Backpackers Inn – A homey hostel in a house also clsoe to the Market
Accommodations By Neighbourhoods/Areas
Now that we have covered different styles of accommodations in Ottawa, let’s cover the best areas to stay.
After telling you a few details about the area to stay in, we’ll mention a few great properties you can check out. Generally, we start with central locations (downtown) and work our way outward.
Keep in mind, these aren’t all the areas you could stay in in Ottawa. We focus on the areas that are – in our opinion – best suited for visitors.
If you know you’re heading for Ottawa, you might want to just get started looking for accommodations.
In that case, here is a brief breakdown of the featured Ottawa neighbourhoods/areas in this post and a top pick accommodation for each one!
Top Ottawa Accommodations By Area
- Downtown Ottawa (Location/Sightseeing) Top Pick: Alt Hotel Ottawa
- ByWard Market (Nightlife/Entertainment) Top Pick: Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market
- Centretown – (Food/Social Vibes) Top Pick: The Business Inn
- The Glebe (Peace/Quiet) Top Pick: Angela’s Bed and Breakfast Ottawa
- Kanata (Hockey Games) Top Pick: Homewood Suites by Hilton Kanata
- Nepean/Ottawa International Airport (For Flying) Top Pick: Adam’s Airport Inn
To be as helpful as possible, we also included hotels around Ottawa International Airport (YOW).
The airport is located close to Nepean which is an area to the south of downtown Ottawa. Many downtown hotels have airport shuttles – or can easily call a taxi for you.
However, if you didn’t want to mess with Ottawa morning traffic and want peace of mind, you can stay very close to the airport. We’ll tell you about a few hotels close to Ottawa airport down below.
Downtown Ottawa – For Location & Sightseeing
If you want to stay in the most central location, then downtown Ottawa is for you. Great for sightseeing couples and families as well as business travellers, downtown is where you find all the bigger buildings Ottawa has to offer.
It’s the only area with anything close to skyscrapers! This area is known to be central, good for business, and touristy.
The downtown core itself isn’t huge. It’s only a few blocks long by a few blocks wide. That said, it’s located just south of Parliament Hill and north of Centretown.
You’ll find the Rideau Canal and ByWard Market defining the eastern border of the area.
A popular place – Sparks Street (shown above) – runs the length of downtown and is loaded with cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops, and more.
⇒ Check Here For Accommodations In Downtown Ottawa
Of course, staying central means you have great access to coffee in the morning, attractions throughout the day – and you are only a quick walk home if you go out in the evening.
In this area, there is no shortage of historical attractions that Ottawa is known for like: Parliament Hill, the Bank of Canada Museum, Rideau Canal, Sparks Street, The National War Memorial, Confederation Park, and MUCH more.
To be fair, some of the best things to see in Canada are lumped together in this area making it a nice place to stay for activities.
Featured Accommodations in Downtown Ottawa
Below are some featured properties that are located in/around the heart of downtown Ottawa.
There are loads of great attractions around and the location cannot be beaten if you are sightseeing in the city – so have a look below:
Alt Hotel Ottawa – Check Now
- Style: A Trendy and Stylish Hotel
- Price Range: Lower Mid-Range
- Location: In the heart of downtown Ottawa – can’t be more central!
- Featured Amenities: Coffee machine in the room, cafe/restaurant/bar onsite, friendly staff
Delta Hotel Ottawa City Centre – Check Now
- Style: A Bright and Upscale Hotel
- Price Range: Mid-Range
- Location: In the west end of downtown Ottawa – just west and south of Parliament Hill
- Featured Amenities: Restaurant/Lounge/Bar onsite, great buffet breakfast, gym, and sauna!
Lord Elgin Hotel – Check Now
- Style: A Charming and Classy Hotel
- Price Range: Mid-Range
- Location: To the east end of downtown Ottawa, close to the Rideau Canal and ByWard Market a short walk away
- Featured Amenities: Its location is the key feature, along with lap pool and Starbucks in the building!
Fairmont Château Laurier – Check Now
- Style: A Historic and Elegant Hotel
- Price Range: Upscale
- Location: Between ByWard Market and downtown – right beside the Historic Locks of the Rideau Canal
- Featured Amenities: Amazing restaurant and lounge onsite, “high tea”, indoor pool, pet-friendly, health club, and more!
Read More: Awesome Weekend Getaways in Ontario
ByWard Market – For Nightlife
If you are heading to Ottawa intending to be entertained, then staying in/around the ByWard Market area is for you.
Located just minutes from downtown and Parliament Hill, ByWard Market is an area known for nightlife, bars, food, and more.
The area gets its name from the historic market building in the centre of the area. From there, restaurants, bars, shops, clubs, and pubs have moved in around it – claiming the space to be a fun part of Ottawa!
We’ve wandered around ByWard Market many times – and Eric has been out there a few times over the years. Together, we’ve been there for dinner and drinks, live music, and patio beers in the summer.
⇒ Check Here For Accommodations In The ByWard Market Area
The area is known to be busy and loud – during the day and late into the evening essentially – but it’s peaceful at night – especially in a high hotel like the Andaz (see below).
In the end, the proximity to top restaurants and places to go out for drinks are unparalleled.
You’ll also find Ottawa attractions nearby like the ByWard Market building, The National Gallery of Canada, Major’s Hill Park, the Rideau Canal – and much more just a quick walk away.
Featured Accommodations in the ByWard Market Area
Below are a few of the top properties in ByWard Market. The area is unique in the sense that there is a healthy mix of hotels, bed and breakfasts, upscale and cheaper accommodations to suit all styles and budgets!
Some locations in the Market area will certainly be quieter than others – and we just wanted to let you know all of this so you can choose a place that works well for you!
Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market – Check Now
- Style: A Trendy and Modern Hotel Experience
- Price Range: Upper Mid-Range
- Location: In the heart of the Market – cannot be more central and with incredible views around
- Featured Amenities: Restaurant/lobby bar onsite, rainfall showerheads, very pet-friendly, rooftop lounge bar with stunning views of the city
ByWard Blue Inn – Check Now
- Style: A Quirky and Functional Hotel
- Price Range: Upper Budget
- Location: Basically in the middle of the ByWard Market area – just northeast of the main bar scene
- Featured Amenities: Balcony rooms, great daily breakfast, afternoon tea, coffee maker in all rooms.
The Westin Ottawa – Check Now
- Style: A Lovely Classic Hotel
- Price Range: Mid-Range
- Location: Basically beside the Rideau Canal – south of ByWard and close to downtown/Parliament Hill
- Featured Amenities: Big clean rooms, restaurants onsite, room service, incredible views of the city
Novotel Ottawa City Centre Hotel – Check Now
- Style: A Popular Boutique-Hotel
- Price Range: Upper Mid-Range
- Location: Just south of ByWard Market – steps from a shopping mall and a short walk downtown
- Featured Amenities: Trendy bar/restaurant onsite, pool and hot tub, great breakfast.
Auberge des Arts Bed and Breakfast – Check Now
- Style: An Authentic and Traditional Bed and Breakfast
- Price Range: Budget
- Location: Just north of the ByWard Market area – a quick walk to the Rideau Canal and more.
- Featured Amenities: Air conditioning, free parking, great breakfast, friendly host!
Centretown – For Food and Social Vibes
If you’re after a more residential area with loads of shops, cafes, and pubs around – then look no further than Centretown!
Located just south of downtown but north of The Glebe, this large area kind of makes up the “meat and potatoes” of the Ottawa city centre.
It also backs onto Chinatown in the west. As such, this area is very social, lively, and fun. There’s almost a peaceful busyness to it.
The main intersection that runs through Centretown is the corner of Bank Street and Somerset Street West. This whole area is packed with places for brunch, coffee, dinner, and more.
We had brunch at Wilf and Ada’s in Centretown and it was amazing.
Centretown is great because it includes this great residential area called “The Golden Triangle” which is a triangle neighbourhood carved out by the Rideau Canal.
⇒ Check Here For Hotels In Centretown Ottawa
Because of the central location, you’ll find loads of pubs on Elgin and Bank Street (which we’ve written about here) and many of the embassies are located here, too.
We honestly really like Centretown because it feels the most “normal”. You can check out attractions like The Rideau Canal, the Canadian Museum of Nature, many shops, pubs, eateries, and more here.
Featured Accommodations in Centretown
Below you’ll find some of the best accommodations in Centretown.
While there aren’t a ton of places to stay – the places available are great and there’s a variety of styles to choose from hotel, B&B, suite-style hotel, etc.
The Business Inn – Check Now
- Style: A Simple But Popular Aparthotel
- Price Range: Upper Budget
- Location: By the Rideau Canal on Elgin – on top of the MacLaren’s Pub!
- Featured Amenities: Kitchens in all suites, restaurant/pub onsite, free continental breakfast every day.
Rideau Inn – Check Now
- Style: A Traditional and Comfortable Bed and Breakfast
- Price Range: Upper Budget
- Location: Steps from Elgin Street (pubs + restaurants) in a quiet area across from a lovely green park (and the Canal)
- Featured Amenities: Lovely staff, good continental breakfast in the morning, a common terrace.
SOHO Residences Lisgar – Check Now
- Style: An Upscale and Modern Aparthotel
- Price Range: Upper Mid-Range
- Location: In the heart of Centretown on Lisgar Street, very close to downtown
- Featured Amenities: Seasonal outdoor pool, balconies, kitchen facilities, simple breakfast and coffee in the morning.
The Glebe – For Peace and Quiet
If your stay in Ottawa is primarily to relax as a couple while doing some sightseeing, then a stay in The Glebe is definitely for you.
Located just south of Centretown, this whole area of Ottawa is known to be very quiet, residential, and peaceful.
The nice thing about the Glebe is that you can walk downtown along one single street – Bank Street – and be there in about 35 minutes. You could also take public transit easily.
⇒ Check Here For Accommodations In The Glebe
The Glebe is shaped by the Rideau Canal as it snakes through the city – ending at a beautiful lake area that you can enjoy.
Some of the top attractions in the Glebe area are The Canadian Museum of Nature, Dow Lake, paths along the Rideau Canal, and TD Place.
Featured Accommodations in The Glebe
Below are several bed and breakfasts in The Glebe. These properties will allow you to have a quiet base to return to after a long day of exploring. There aren’t too many to choose from – but these are all top-rated!
Angela’s Bed and Breakfast Ottawa – Check Now
- Style: A Bright and Lovely Bed and Breakfast
- Price Range: Budget
- Location: In the heart of The Glebe, steps from Bank Street shops, cafes, etc.
- Featured Amenities: A room with a private terrace, friendly hosts, free bike usage, Full English/Irish breakfast.
Glencree House B&B – Check Now
- Style: A Charming and Quaint Bed and Breakfast
- Price Range: Upper Budget
- Location: Just steps from the Rideau Canal – behind the Canadian Museum of Nature (a great attraction)
- Featured Amenities: A full English/Irish breakfast, free private parking, and a terrace to be enjoyed!
Ashbury House Bed & Breakfast – Check Now
- Style: A Traditional and Cozy Bed and Breakfast
- Price Range: Mid-Range
- Location: Walking distance to Dow Lake and “central” Glebe along Bank Street
- Featured Amenities: Vintage decor, great breakfast, friendly hosts, homemade apple pie with tea/coffee!
Just so we are as helpful as possible, we also wanted to cover two areas that are not in the heart of the city centre – but still have several hotels or accommodation options.
You might choose to stay here if you find accommodation at a price that works for you. These areas outside the city centre of Ottawa are Kanata and Gatineau/Hull.
Kanata – For Hockey Games
Kanata is technically a suburb of Ottawa. It’s about 20 minutes southwest from downtown if you’re driving. Kanata is located along Highway 417 – which is part of the Trans-Canada Highway (a route that crosses the entire country).
Kanata is likely most known as the home of the Ottawa Senators, the NHL Team. They play at the Canadian Tire Centre.
⇒ Check Here For Hotels In Kanata
You’d stay in Kanata if you were planning on attending a Sens game or if you were perhaps heading out of town the next day. You’d be that much closer to exploring the Diefenbunker Museum in Carp or well on your way to the Eagle’s Nest Hike in Calabogie.
Featured Accommodations in Kanata
Just remember that if you find a hotel deal in Kanata you’ll have to pay for gas and parking or public transit to get into the downtown core for sightseeing. So make sure a hotel here still makes sense after factoring those expenses in!
In any case, check out these hotels in the Kanata area:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Kanata – A modern suite-style hotel with full kitchens, pool, and free parking onsite
- Brookstreet Hotel Ottawa West – A top-rated hotel with pools, spa, restaurant, and lounge
- Holiday Inn & Suites Ottawa West Kanata – A simple hotel with indoor pool, restaurant, and free parking onsite
If you want to stay closer to downtown Ottawa, you could technically stay in Quebec. The city of Gatineau (and the small island of Hull) is located just across the Ottawa River from downtown Ottawa.
You also don’t need a passport to cross provincial borders (in case you didn’t know that).
The Canadian Museum of History – a top attraction – is located here. To get downtown, you could walk across one of the many bridges or take a water taxi – but only in the summer season.
That said, the massive winter festival called Winterlude is in February and one of the main areas for that is Jacques Cartier Park – which is in Hull!
Featured Accommodations in Gatineau/Hull, Quebec
Here are two hotels that are right by the history museum, park, and beautiful riverfront area:
- Four Points by Sheraton Gatineau-Ottawa – A clean (completely non-smoking) hotel with great breakfast buffet
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa – A simple hotel with a saltwater pool and onsite restaurant/bar
Ottawa International Airport – For Flying
As we mentioned above, we wanted to include hotels near Ottawa International Airport in case anyone was looking for some. The airport is close to the Ottawa suburb of Nepean.
⇒ Check Here For Hotels Near Nepean/Ottawa Airport
To be clear, you can make it to the airport from downtown in about 15/20 minutes – with regular amounts of traffic in about 25/30 minutes. However, some travellers might want to stay closer to this area for peace of mind.
Featured Accommodations Near Nepean/Ottawa Airport
Below are a handful of great hotel options for staying close to the Ottawa Airport. You’ll find many of the usual chain brands here as well as a few smaller, independent accommodations.
Adam’s Airport Inn- Check Now
- Style: A Highly Rated Motel/Inn
- Price Range: Budget
- Location: In a quiet area, a quick drive/taxi to the airport
- Featured Amenities: Free parking onsite, fabulous Continental breakfast
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ottawa Airport – Check Now
- Style: A Clean and Modern Hotel
- Price Range: Upper Budget
- Location: Basically at the airport property
- Featured Amenities: Pool, free airport shuttle, breakfast included, and free onsite parking
Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport – Check Now
- Style: A Bright and Spacious Hotel
- Price Range: Upper-Budget
- Location: Also right at the airport – basically on the airport property.
- Featured Amenities: Great breakfast/onsite restaurant, free airport shuttle, indoor pool
If you have questions about where to stay in Ottawa, Canada, here are some detailed answers to get you on the right path!
Where to stay in Ottawa Downtown?
Given that the downtown area is a popular hub of activity – both for business travellers and sightseers – there are lots of places to stay in downtown Ottawa.
Check out Alt Hotel Ottawa or The Metcalfe Hotel for trendy, boutique hotels. The Delta Hotel Ottawa City Centre is another option more to the west end of the downtown core.
Where to stay in Ottawa near the Rideau Canal?
There are lots of accommodations near the Rideau Canal (if you are heading to Ottawa for skating – a top winter activity in Ontario). On the downtown/west side of the Canal, Lord Elgin Hotel is one popular hotel overlooking beautiful Confederation Park and the Canal.
On the north/east side of the Canal, the Westin Ottawa and the Novotel Ottawa City Centre Hotel are two popular options just steps from the Canal close to ByWard Market.
To stay directly overlooking the Canal (and the famous Locks where it begins), check out the Fairmont Château Laurier.
That said many other accommodations nearby are easily within walking distance of the downtown portion of the Rideau Canal – these are simply among the closest options.
Where to stay in Ottawa with family?
If you are travelling to Ottawa with family/kids, there are lots of accommodations that make for a good place to stay.
A suite-style aparthotel like The Business Inn is located in Centretown close to sights and attractions. It’s the kind of place where you can set up a base for a few days and have a full kitchen at your disposal.
Alternatively, there are many hotels with amenities for kids. The Delta Hotel Ottawa City Centre has a large pool that seems to be a real hit!
Where to stay in Ottawa for nightlife?
For those wondering where to stay in Ottawa to enjoy the nightlife, a stay in/close to ByWard Market is a great option. This is where you’ll find a high concentration of the city’s bars, clubs, pubs (often with live music).
An obvious choice to stay in ByWard Market would be the Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market with a rooftop terrace overlooking the city. A cozy option in this area would be ByWard Blue Inn.
There are also several lively pubs and bars along Elgin Street so a stay that is closer to downtown or in Centretown isn’t a bad option, either.
To be fair, The Business Inn is located on top of McLaren’s on Elgin, a popular watering hole in the city.
Where to stay in Ottawa with car?
If you are travelling to Ottawa by car, you’ll probably be after accommodation with parking. Many of the downtown hotels offer to park but for a higher fee (which is understandable).
You might choose to stay at a bed and breakfast like Auberge des Arts Bed and Breakfast.
Because B&Bs are located in more residential areas, they often (but not always) have onsite parking available.
You might also choose accommodation in Kanata if you’re perhaps passing through the area with a car. Hotels like Homewood Suites by Hilton Kanata and Holiday Inn & Suites Ottawa West Kanata offer free parking.
These hotels are a good option if you want to stay a quick drive to downtown but also close to the highways out of the region.
And there you have it – a simple rundown of where to stay in Ottawa! In the end, there is no “one” great place/area to stay in Ottawa.
Each area has its advantages and each one will appeal to different travellers. We’re hopeful that you’ll find something that suits your needs!
As always, Keep Exploring, eh?
If you need more Ottawa travel tips (or you’re planning a trip to Canada), check out these other posts on the subject:
- 27 Things to Do in Ottawa (In All Seasons)
- Discover Our Ottawa in One Day Itinerary
- The Best Bars and Pubs in Ottawa (as Told by a Local)
- Discover Toronto Attractions or our Guide to Niagara Falls